Detroit Diesel Engine Rebuild (AKA Overhaul or In Frame)
While Detroit Rebuild Specialist does handle minor repairs such as brake jobs and oil changes for Freightliner Cascadia trucks, we specialize in rebuilding Detroit Engines. We have over 25 years of combined experience in working specifically with Detroit Engines.
A standard overhaul at Detroit Rebuild Specialist includes the following Detroit parts:
Schedule an appointment today
We are open by appointment Monday - Friday from 8:30 - 5:00.
How do you know if you need a complete overhaul on your Detroit Engine?
We receive calls from truck drivers that have some of the following performance-related issues which can indicate an overhaul is necessary.
- Black or blue exhaust coming from the truck can indicate that your cylinders may be burning oil.
- White exhaust can indicate that your truck may have coolant burning in one or more cylinders.
- If you hear the engine knocking, it could be that the combustion timing is off in your cylinders or the oil could be contaminated.
- If your truck is using more oil than normal, it may be a leak in the engine.
- If your truck is getting poor fuel mileage, it may be due to loss of cylinder compression or over fueling injectors.
- If your truck oil pressure is low then the oil may not be reaching all of the components.
- If your engine is not performing as it should, it may be due to loss of cylinder compression and time for an overhaul.